Sunday, July 14, 2013

Session July 13 2013



http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Movies/2013/0222/Bless-Me-Ultima-has-moments-where-its-magical-realism-shines
"Think before you bring stuff that you don't really need or want into the house."
 By PV

My grandmother was a wise Indian in Central Mexico. I remember her showing me the correct planting of corn. This was at the edge of the field. Our chuch was in the distance. Months later the corn field stretched away in the distance. On that fateful day I remembered an admonition of hers as I pocketed the tiny basalt bowl in which she had started the sacred plant. I wanted to put the bowl on the mantle as a remembrance, though in my mind was one of her last sayings: Think before you bring stuff that you don't really need or want into the house. The next morning, out in the field, I felt a rumble like thumder - but there were no clouds. An open yawning crack zigzagged in the ground, spewing smoke. Within a month, the volcano Paracutin had risen 600 feet, covered the house, engulfed the church, and spread lava everywhere. We had our own World War at home.


"I was recently given a giant millipede for my birthday."
by BG

I was recently given a giant millipede for my birthday. How on earth do they expect us to get along? I am going to have to give him away. We just don’t travel in the same circles. I can’t carry the poor guy around with me, and it just won’t work for me to adjust to his method of moving from place to place. Picture the disaster that would occur: Supersonic jet falls from sky upon attempting to airlift Sherman Tank during migration to Central America. It’s just not an option. Next year I will be incognito on my birthday so I won’t run the risk of being put in a similar predicament. I wouldn’t be surprised if the millipede was thinking the same thoughts. It’s his birthday today.


"The project was a smashing success and we all celebrated." 
By AD
The project was a smashing success and we all celebrated it. Having our news magazine published in our small town is big! Where ever you look, you see people reading it – a magazine full of the town’s secret stories, news and art. Everyone is happy – well, almost everyone. An old man is staring at me with hate over the top of his magazine. He doesn’t look happy, maybe because I got him fired. I turned the story of him staying up working all night in the shop to him spending the night with his boss’s daughter! If I knew I would get people fired I would have got Ali the fish merchant fired instead of Alika, the best metalsmith in town who makes the best blades ever. Now its time to move 3 or 4 villages over.


http://www.weather.com/family-kids/family-time/unusual-summer-vacation-20130523
"I'll do as I please," he said, as he walked out the door." 
by CC
Sir George H. L. Bentley and Lady Bently died on August 3, 1987 in an auto accident, and 3 years later were reincarnated in a pair of giraffes born on the estate of his former rival, Sir Roger A. Bulwinkle. For most of their young lives, the giraffes had no memory of their prior life times but retained those tastes and proclivities. One fine morning Glinda Giraff, as she was known to the Bulwinkles, persuaded Smiley Giraff to dine at the Bulwinkle’s Sunday brunch. He stepped through the window to reach the bacon on the sideboard. Glinda said, “Come back here, you know we aren’t built for this anymore!” “I’ll do as I please,” he said, as he walked out the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment