Saturday, June 29, 2013

Session June 29 2013




http://liz-green.com/2010/12/feel-like-the-odd-one-out-there-is-only-one-unique-you/
"It's not a good time to start"
by CC

There had been so much to think about at the recent swan gathering. Doreen was especially keen to work with the Swan Appreciation Society on the Big Willow Island Swanfest later this year. But she thought the new emphasis on security was overdone. Sure, they could expect a little trouble from the mallards, who thought they were just so special. But who would seriously think they would spy on the planning session?

Suddenly Doreen heard a little squeak and looked down to find the most bizarre creature ever floating near her. She looked at it carefully. Was it just a human toy - or a Trojan Duck?  She could get paranoid, that's for sure! But, she thought, it's not a good time to start.

"It allowed him to drop his trash bag right into the basement."
By TT

I can't think, especially with those guys standing over me. Each one reminds me of an authority figure. The Police Chief. The Banker. The Head of Department, Supervisor and Bossy Neighbor who expects me to trim all the hedges and mow my lawn. Why do they always stare at me as if I did something slightly inappropriate, like littering, jaywalking or pinching their wife's butt? I'm innocent! I didn't do anything wrong. I even found a way to drop the trash right into the basement where no one will see it. I'll whistle a tune and maybe they'll smile.



 "Let's not go on about it, he said. We've made our decision."
by PV

Let's not go on about it, he said. We've made our decision. And so Pip made ready for this translation - this transmogrification. He knew from previous shape changings that it had probably been a mistake, but Pip's mistress was something else. She doted on Pip and he got the most wonderful if unorthodox places to sleep. But all good things alter and when Igor, the oil baron from Russia, came to pay court, Pip could only see disaster ahead. He was a pitiful excuse for a hero, but he still had sharp teeth - so when Igor made insulting, improper advances, Pip knew he had to act. Sinking his teeth into Igor's calf he hung on as the giant tumbled from his lofty heights, screaming "I always hated that Pipsqueak of a dog. Pip smiled inwardly, glad for the week's earlier disastrous encounter with a rabid rat. Pip was ready for the crematorium.


http://www.ianmears.com/photography/portfolio/portfolio-the-hardest-prison-to-escape-is-the-one-we-create-for-ourselves.html
"On awakening, he found that his hand was indeed perfectly normal."
by GS

I suspected that opening the cage door would be a serious mistake, but I felt compelled. Those beady eyes bore into my soul with great intensity, and I could not resist their power. My right hand was still on the open door when it attacked me, probably payback for those years of captivity. I grabbed a nearby drape to cover myself as protection from further attack, and then must have fainted. It seeemed it must all have been a nightmare since when I recovered my hand was indeed perfectly normal!

http://creativegreed.com/most-interesting-perspective-photographs-around-the-world.html
"She is meticulous in everything she undertakes."
by RMAF

She is meticulous in everything she undertakes, including scooping up all the perfect-bodied people on the beach. She thinks they don't belong there because it makes the rest of us people with rippled, adipose tissue look like we don't belong. They, the thin ones, are the ones who don't belong. We have something in common with the whales - we are big, shiny and beautiful with a lot of blubber.

No comments:

Post a Comment