Saturday, December 15, 2012

Session: December 15, 2012

"Trouble, big trouble."
by PV

They were relieved, crossing the glacial flow. The storm clouds were scudding away and the night promised to be clear, crisp and bone-chilling cold. It was an outrageous, mad escape, scuttling between watchtowers, painfully arranging and cutting the barbed wire with stolen, almost useless pliers. His hands were a bloody mess. Zi tried to slow the flow of blood with scraps ripped from the hem of her skirt.

They needed to find shelter soon before the planes came buzzing in an angry waspish pursuit. But it was too late. Even as they ran forward, the roaring of a massive jet increased. They were forced to the rim of a crevasse - trouble, big trouble. The sound was disappearing, as if it came from beneath them. Incredibly, it did! There was a tremendous cataract roaring across the gap of the crevasse from one inner ice channel to another 30 feet away. They still had time.



"My secret collection"
By CC

Arlo the Catfish had an evolutionary growth spurt one afternoon when a North Korean satellite crashed into his bayou. The radiation spewed into his brain, creating a prefrontal cortex and a big appetite. Arlo crawled up onto shore and thought, Phew! This place stinks. I want out. He saw an Escalade parked nearby, belonging to a oil executive who was speaking with an engineer nearby about the potentials of fracking. Arlo slipped behind the wheel and took off. He needed protein, and something in him wanted to hunt.  People walking up and down the street started to look pretty juicy to Arlo. He conceived an exciting new desire for trophies. Pretty soon he pulled into a drive-through and gurgled through the squawk box that he needed a drink. When he pulled up to the counter, the man held out the drink but gave Arlo a very funny look. Arlo could tell he thought it was all a big joke. Well, Arlo thought, he'll be the first in my secret collection.





"We climbed to the top."
by GS

The new religion had caught on quickly. Everyone was bowing to their chosen flowers seven times a day. It was considered a big improvement over the outdated religions which had withered from their original significance. Some chose bushes with flowers, some chose single stem bulbs and some chose flowering trees. My husband and I chose the cherry blossoms as our personal gods. The tree we had planted grew quickly into the tallest in the state, and we were very proud. On National Prayer Day, we climbed to the top and inhaled deeply, reaching nirvana.



"Everyone was staring at me"
by TT

The day had begun badly. There was no help for it. I missed the bus and had to walk five blocks before I could get to the next appointment and I was already late. I threw my ice-cream wrapper at the trash can and missed so I bent down to pick it up. I didn't expect to block the sidewalk in the crowded street with bustling commuters pushing me. I lost my balance and fell. I grabbed at the trash can and it tipped over on top of me. By now, everyone had stopped and were staring at me. Someone said, "Here, pussy-pussy." Another guy almost stepped on my tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment