Saturday, December 1, 2012

Session: December 1, 2012


 "Never again"
by CC

Frank hated being an orangutan. But he did his best to live a normal life. He signed up as swim coach at the Sunnyside Pool. They tried to give him some baloney about excessive body hair, but he just smiled at them with his big teeth showing, and they gave him the vest. The real test came when he saw Rusty, the dog next door. That loudmouthed hound kept him up all night- and now he was supposed to teach him how to swim? As Frank held Rusty in the pool, and Rusty pretended to dogpaddle, he kept thinking about just letting go. Rusty could sink or swim on his own. It was an appealling idea. Frank pondered for a few moments, then said "never again," and let Rusty sink like a stone.


"She looked down at her feet in amazement."
by GS

It had taken hours to walk all the way to the shrine, but she was determined to reach it so she could honor the memory of her dead dog. The shrine had been erected many years ago to provide a peaceful sanctuary for bereaved mourners, and her pain was so intense she had chosen to make the trip to seek relief. Her beloved German Shepard, Max, had died suddenly at age 7, and she felt she wanted to die with him. They loved each other immensely, and his loss was more painful than the loss of her human partner two years earlier. Also, her youngest child was now 18, and she felt useless and lost. As she walked, she stumbled over something in the grass while staring intently straight ahead. She looked down at her feet in amazement, seeing a very young German Shepard puppy gazing up at her. All of a sudden, she knew she still wanted to live.


http://photocompetition.upclive.com/seo/photo/572298/roodborstje_in_de_sneeuw/vogels

"Everyone else was laughing."
by AD

I was a powerful CEO, the big cheese who stands proudly, victoriously..on the backs of my employees, of course. I was rich, too; I had to be, in order to buy all the cars I have - Mustangs, trucks and enough to put on a 3 hour car show daily. A different woman every day on one hand, a different bottle of fine wine or sherry in the other. I walked into my meeting with an oil company about to go out of business which would benefit my checking account. I walked in and everyone else was laughing at me. Since when did the room and everyone else get so big? Why did I want to take a bath in the water pitcher? As I got close I could see I was now a tiny bird! Everyone in the room was dying of laughter. Let's see how funny it is when I poop on all their new cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment